Lodging 20 Years

Frequently asked questions

It’s a type of rental in which the length of stay cannot exceed 31 days. In Spain, every city has its own rules, and in Barcelona, you must have a tourism license.

In monthly rental, the stays must be a minimum of 32 days and a maximum of 11 months, whereas vacation rental is by day, up to 31 days.

First, it must have a tourism license. It must also be completely equipped and furnished, and have all the kitchen supplies, appliances, and furniture required for a safe and comfortable stay.

With stiff competition in the sector, it’s important to have an apartment in optimal condition. It has to stand out on the booking platforms with a great description and high-quality photos and videos, but you also need to pay attention to the comments and questions of potential clients and, once rented, monitor check-in and check-out, deal with issues that may arise, solve problems, and pay attention to your ratings. The management of utilities, invoices, and issues, as well as pricing your apartment according to seasonal changes, are part of the long list of maintenance tasks that will keep your tourism rental in high demand.

Monthly rental is a leasing scheme designed for guests who seek a contract of less than a year (11 months) for professional or personal reasons.

Yes, you can rent for stays of between 32 days and 11 months. In Spain this is known as “month-to-month rental,” “seasonal rental,” or “monthly rental.”

Any property owner can rent their apartment by the month. There is no specific license requirement (unlike vacation rentals). You must simply specify in the contract that you are using this rental scheme.

You have to write and sign a contract in which the rights and obligations of both parties have been laid out. In this type of contract, the most relevant aspect isn’t the duration, it’s the motive for renting. That is, the reasons that led the client to seek housing for less than a year must be stated very clearly.

In your annual taxes, you must declare the income from monthly rental as income from real estate capital.

Both schemes can provide significant income, but holiday rental requires you to have a tourism license. If you don’t have a license, but you would like to have a flexible rental scheme that will allow you to use your apartment for personal use in the medium term, monthly rental is a formula that will allow you to regain control of your property in a maximum of 11 months.